Monday, January 21, 2008

Week 1 in Review

So, it's been a week since I started my Get Organized resolution. How'd I do?

Actually, pretty well. I haven't set any monthly goal or anything, but this week what I did do was outline a meal plan for the week and make a schedule for each day. The schedule only looked like this:

Tuesday - Rehearsal until 6, gym after rehearsal
Wednesday - Rehearsal until 7
Thursday - Rehearsal until 6, gym after rehearsal
Friday - Rehearsal until 6
Saturday - Rehearsal until 7
Sunday - Rehearsal until 7, birthday dinner after rehearsal

I also made a ritual of putting together my lunch for the next day the night before, as well as picking out my outfit and laying it out.

I had a great week! My mornings were (relatively) stress-free because I just ate my breakfast, took my shower, put on the clothes that I had already picked out, put my lunch in my bag that had already been made, and was out the door. I went to the gym on the days I designated as gym days after having packed my clothes for the gym the night before. Today I plan to make another meal plan for the week, and I'm in the process of doing laundry so I have all my clothes to pick from when making my outfits for each day, instead of just what's clean.

This week my "challenge" to myself is to make my schedule just a little more detailed. On the nights I don't go to the gym, I'm going to give myself one thing on my to-do list to try and accomplish, or at least work on. Examples include: go through my mail (I'm notorious for letting my mail sit around forever without opening it), start going through receipts from last year to prepare for doing my taxes, spend 20 minutes straightening my desk and cleaning the office, research candidates for the upcoming elections. (I was hoping to early vote today, but then I saw how many races are on the ballet, including those ever-mysterious judges, that I know nothing about.)

No comments: