Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wrangling

So I managed to land a job for the month of December, which I'd been really afraid wasn't going to happen.  The Goodman Theatre jettisoned their Young Performer Supervisor on Christmas Carol for reasons unknown (or perhaps he quit?) and I got a call on Monday asking me to go in for an interview Tuesday afternoon.  The interview turned out to be "come in so we can run a background check and then hire you."  Which worked great for me.

So then I reported for work yesterday.  Without ever having seen the show.  I basically got thrown into the deep end and told to swim.  But I'm a good swimmer, so everything went fine.  Helps that the ASM is walking the track with me this week until I can really get on my feet.  The kids are all pros, they've all been in shows before and know where they need to be when.  The biggest challenge of course is keeping up with them and reminding them to be quiet and respectful.  But they're pretty good kids and I don't think the coming month will too bad.  I'm just going to have to come up with a good plan for those two show days...

No comments: